Saturday, November 25, 2006

Got my BTP

Yesterday I got my BTP under Prof. X inspite of doing absolutely nothing on the hons. project under him for the whole of 5th semester. There were reasons for not working. The combination of me and my partner was not right. Moreover, neither of us was actually interested in the project that we got - SBD. So we ended up doing nothing for the whole sem. But I am very grateful to Prof. X that inspite of all this he believed in us and alloted us BTPs. And yes we have now taken BTPs separately. Hope this concept of single would work out right.

And yes the BTP that I have got is really cool. It is to explore the various possible applications of Smart Camera - Projector systems and build and demonstrate a few of them. One of the possible cool applications could be:
Project the image of a piano on a table. And press those virtual 'projected keys'. The attached camera will track your hand movements and instruct the computer to produce the corresponding sounds and tones.

Cool... isn't it? No need to take a 2 m long 50 Kg bulky piano with you. Just take a 6x3x2 inch camera+projector system, attach it to ur laptop and releash the pianist inside you.... at home, on train, on flight, at picnic!!. And yes todays LCD projector + camera systems are of such small dimensions. And mind you THEY ARE POWERFUL.

I really like this project and won't disappoint Prof. X again.

No comments: