Friday, November 03, 2006

Alternatives to FuckProxy

My mind travels faster than speed of light. FuckProxy is not even complete and I have already thought of two more approaches to tackle this same problem. And did I mention that the FuckProxy project is my 6th approach for creating a proxy. Well... none of them was perfect and so I keep trying newer and newer approaches. FuckProxy is a totally new approach that uses greasemonkey. And its almost over. Beta version is just coming.
Well... now the alternatives:-

1. I heard newer versions of python have some built-in library for creating proxy servers. I could run such a proxy server on 200 and bingo nothing else needs to be done. This is not the proxy that I have been making for so long. This one is not like anonymous proxy, but exactly like the 204 proxy using port 8080. The only possible glitch could be the requirement of superuser privileges. I have not seen yet whether it needs super user privileges or not.

2. I could make a firefox extension that changes each url just before it is fetched. This will be very easy if I could find how to do it. No more parsing the page source or DOM.

I have also thought to improve FuckProxy. I could install my proxy cgi scripts, that is presently on 200, on several other iiit systems that have direct access to internet and my greasemonkey script could use all of them at random to balance the load, enhancing the user experience!

TechnoratiTechnorati: , , , ,

No comments: