Friday, November 03, 2006

FuckProxy Project is coming out fine

The FuckProxy project is coming out fine. Its almost over.
Its actually a combination of python cgi + greasemonkey script that lets IIITians to browse net even when 204 is down.
What and why?
Recently, IIIT Hyderabad appointed stupid system administrators which are unable to manage IIIT's servers properly. It has been observed that 204 (our proxy), goes down frequently even when the ISP link is perfect. So I thought why not create a proxy on our 200 that would allow users to browse net even when 204 is down. Note that 200 connects without proxy(204). So one could easily browse net using 200!
But there is still a problem. 200 itself is so slow that it delivers mail late by 1-2 days sometimes. So, my FuckProxy script gets extremely slow. So, I am searching for some other system in IIIT that connects without 204 and is not slow. Then I will use that machine for my FuckProxy script.

Another idea that is striking my mind right now is:-
IIITs net connection has gone extremely slow. Again thanks to the stupid sysadmins. I think that if this problem is due to misconfigurations with the proxy server and not due to the ISP link being slow, then I could use my FuckProxy script with some decent IIIT system that connects without proxy to provide better speed!! It would be so good. But first I have to search for such a decent machine. Lets see...

TechnoratiTechnorati: , ,

No comments: