Thursday, January 11, 2007

Welcome to the launch of IIIT LAN Browser 1.0 and FuckProxy 0.2

So all my readers( thats only me, I guess :P But isn't this blog meant for me only?) , I did some good work in this winter vacation. I released FuckProxy 0.2, the upgrade for the old 0.1 and made a new firefox extension IIIT LAN Browser. See my post here that kind of advertises it :D

This is the change log for FuckProxy 0.2:
1. Fixed a few bugs.
2. Added better support for ftp.
3. Added auto-update feaure.
4. Changed the position of FP Button as the previous position was interfering with the toolbars of delicious,etc.
5. Now typing "http" in the address bar is not a compulsion.

IIIT LAN Browser is an extension for the LAN Browser CGI proxy I had earlier. It provides the same functionality but much more easier to use now. Apart from that its much much more robust. The earlier version used to throw errors on half of the sites because of bad parsing. But this one does not parses at all. It directly uses the DOM Tree generated by firefox! So no problem at all. I guess no CGI proxy in world would have as robust parsing as this one.(Well if I dont't parse at all and use Firefox's work, then obviously it will be robust :P ).
I also added login functionality so that only iiitians can use it. You need to enter your 200 login and password to use it. Have fun...

PS: I have been always saying "PHP sucks, Python rocks". But looks like its not so true. However good python may be, but when it comes to making sites, PHP has the greatest no. of functionalities available. Python does not even have basic Session support!

6 comments:

Mhr said...

this is Awesome stuff man...
u simply rock... gg turbo :)

Turbo said...

Thanks :) *blushing*

Anonymous said...

Hi Turbo,

Nice blog. :)

Do you interest in exchanging links between blogs? If you interest then let me know. I will add your blog as a link to my blog and you can do the same.

Thanks,
Michael

Anonymous said...

i guess.. you are not interest abt that.. or maybe. your blog is getting cold.. i will remove ur link from my blog. thanks.

Hari KT said...

U r rocking. I dont c ur work but I thnk u really rocks,. If I hav any small doubts ll ask u. I u can help me plz do.

Turbo said...

sure